4. I’ve written about how the last election left lots of millennials (like me) hopeless
Obamacare? Point proven.
5. …and huff-posts about the absurdity of Facebook (and our expectations).
7. During a short stint at the White House,
I worked fourteen hour days, coordinating events and writing for briefings and press releases.
8. I started writing web articles during an internship at National Geographic.
There, I worked on info pages for shows on dinosaurs, life in Alaska, Amazon headshrinkers, the Maya Codex, and really weird fish.
9. Now, I’m writing a book! (Not 100% relevant, but it shows ambition)
If not a doorstop, perhaps you will see it as one of those tragic DIY tear-a-worthless-book-apart projects.
10. I can also “defend myself appropriately” in Spanish
Despite the Spanish last name, I’m not 100% fluent, (Thanks, parents)… but I can carry on advanced conversations.
11. Did I tell you I’m edumucated?
That’s right, I got a degree from a school that can’t spell university.
12. That degree, by the way, was in International Affairs.
Which means I have lots of ideas about different places…
13. And, of course, I’ve posted to BuzzFeed
…and was very excited it when I made it to the Tech front page.
14. Because BuzzFeed is Awesome.
BuzzFeed and I have something in common. We’re both creative and unconventional. I would love the chance to help BuzzFeed share the new, the weird, and the wondrous with its readers.
Thanks for taking the time to read my cover-post.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions (alright, concerns) about my qualifications.
Links to Twitter (@CatCastell), Facebook, LinkedIn, and my personal site can be found on my resume.
Cat del Valle Castellanos
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.