Umbra L Conceal Self: $35.00
P.S.- Put a couple together at different angles.
2. Window Frames
1. Check eBay or yard sales for old window frames.
2. Paint or distress wood
3. Hang from ceiling with fishing wire or secure to wall
3. Clothespin Garland
If you can’t figure this one out, maybe DIY isn’t for Y-O-U.
Just in case- Start painting clothespins with the darkest color, then slowly add white to the mixture if you want to get an “ombre” effect.
4. Plant Panels
1. Pick up different sized wood panels from hardware store
2. Paint in whatever color suits your fancy.
3. Purchase these wall mounted flower pot rings for around $9.50 each
5. Add some pots and plant to your heart’s content
5. Hanging Hangers
While 50 of these might be a little much for your apartment, there’s no reason two or three wouldn’t work (say, for tomorrow’s outfits).
Colorful ribbon, a ceiling hook, and a wooden hanger (just unscrew the hook part). Pretty simple.
You can purchase this one on Etsy for $38.00, or fashion one yourself with some rope and a copper rod.
P.S.- Etsy also has some cool, (although expensive) industrial garment racks.
6. Coffeecup Shapes
Let’s downsize this one. No one drinks that much coffee.
1. Use wire picture hooks in a “wave” shape instead of a letter. (More cabinet space! Yay!) $3.50 for a pack of 25
7. Stacked Drawers
This one might also require some eBay and yard sale searching.
Once you’ve acquired a drawer full (sorry), all you need is some paint and nails to keep it all in place.
8. Twine Covered Rectangles
While you could do this with bricks a la Anthro, it’d be much easier (and lighter) to use box covers.
Paint the tops in varying colors, then wrap with twine or string until you’ve achieved the look you want.
9. Folded Book Garland
Alright, so I hate projects that force me to tear books apart, but this garland would look pretty cool in a home office.
Take out pages (gently!) and glue (with care!) into loop shapes. Then start layering.
10. White Frames With Color Inserts
Paint various picture frames white. Use several different paint hues to get the “ombre” effect for the inserts.
I’m obsessed with quilling. Okay, so I’m obsessed with making crafts that look like quiling but actually use an ungodly amount of hot glue. Whatever works.
To learn how, check out Pinterest or go the easy route with…
12. Triangle Garland
String, lots of origami paper…. and death by a thousand paper cuts.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday. He has been apprehended.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.