1. When they gently broke grammar rules:
2. When the King of Horror called Papa “Cat:”
3. When they let their caged bird sing:
4. When they revealed the paper skeletons in their closets:
5. When they spoke in 0s and 1s:
6. When they were a classier Urban Dictionary:
7. When they reminded us that writing is rewriting:
8. When they reminded us that books (er, children?) are our future:
9. When life did not imitate art:
(Straub published The Vacationers this May.)
10. When paradoxes created prose poems:
11. When they perfectly captured the bibliophile’s life:
12. When they took the “auto” out of “autobiography:”
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece won't pay the International Monetary Fund the $1.8 billion it owes on time, paving the way for a formal default.
- Liberia reports its first Ebola death since country was declared free of virus in May.
- At least 30 people were reported dead after a military plane crashed into two houses in a residential neighborhood in the Indonesian city of Medan.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.