1. Cliff knows that cold weather is no excuse for slacking on style.
He may have to face a bitter wind tunnel or two…
…but his tall boots and tight pant cuffs keep him shielded.
12-year-old Cliff has been rocking this look for years. Winter boots like these can protect dogs’ paws from toxic irritants like salt and de-icers.
2. Mr. Red knows he’s stronger than Mother Nature.
He refuses to take an afternoon off from training…
…even if it’s hella cold out.
This talented American bulldog / Staffordshire terrier wears a snug-fitting sweater on training days. His owner explains that it keeps him warm and inhibits anxiety.
3. Sacha sort of regrets wearing just a t-shirt…
…but she has her scrunchie, so let’s do this thing.
Although Sacha is comfortable navigating the snow, she hates the rain. (It probably messes up her hair.)
4. Chloe wears fur because it’s warm. (But mostly because it’s fashionable.)
After all, she color-coordinates her nails and leash.
Hailing from Manhattan’s Upper West Side, this beagle / cocker spaniel / dachshund mix doesn’t let chilly weather affect her social schedule.
5. Bugzy knows gray skies are gonna clear up.
He just has to be patient.
6. Scottie thinks, Sure it’s frigid, but we have to keep living our lives.
Wrapped and ready in a fleece-lined jacket, we found Scottie patiently accompanying his owner on a grocery store trip. No temperature is low enough to interrupt his errands.
7. Shadow has places to go and doesn’t think “weather” is an interesting talking point.
Sporting a trendy sweatshirt from American Apparel, Shadow is not one to stay inside during the winter. His owner gets her attention by asking, “Want to go to Brooklyn?” We’re 100% serious.
8. Leon thinks it’s a beautiful day — for the most part.
A retired racing greyhound, Leon is stronger than a little bit of wind.
9. Pookie and Buster look even tinier underneath their coats…
…but as long as they have each other, they’ve nothing to fear.
She’s a white Maltese / bichon and he’s a dark Shih Tzu. Their matching coats are reversible, but their willingness to go on a walk is unwavering.
10. Phineas has no qualms about bundling up. Such is life.
New to his family, Phineas was given this fantastic argyle coat as a welcome present. He thinks it does the trick.
11. Ziggy agrees that winter sort of sucks…
…but if it means compliments on her sweater, it’s totally worth it.
Ziggy’s owner had concerns that the hand-me-down sweater would fray, but it has withstood the elements for years.
12. Houdini seriously did not think this walk would be so cold…
…but he’s still proud of his decision to beg for it.
If Houdini could magically make it warmer, he would. This Jack Russell terrier / Chihuahua mix will only put his hood up in extreme circumstances.
13. Littlefoot will wear a warm hat if you make her…
…but the ear-flaps are annoying…
…and she prefers it backwards.
Named after the friendly character from The Land Before Time, this corgi loves to meet people no matter the season.
14. Hank has no fear of the cold.
And although he’s a big boy…
…he has no shame in keeping his ears warm.
An Italian mastiff who was born blind, Hank won’t let anything keep him from stomping through his hometown of Brooklyn. He’s hard to miss — especially in that green.
15. Annebelle’s all, “What do you mean ‘sub-zero?’ I didn’t notice.”
A rescued* Australian terrier, Annebelle is always eager to take a walk. It gives her a chance to get away from cats (which she notoriously dislikes).
16. And Christmas… is named Christmas.
She’s an obvious fan.
Photos by Aubree Lennon & Ryan Hynes / © BuzzFeed
*Adoption information for Annebelle (#15) can be found here.