2. This baby pygmy hippopotamus debuted at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo.
3. After legalizing gay marriage, New Zealand’s Parliament erupted with cheering…
4. A group of Massachusetts children started a lemonade stand to raise money for Martin Richard’s family.
They ended up raising $360.75 for the marathon victims.
5. Chris Hadfield showed us that EVERYTHING done in space is cool…even wringing out a washcloth.
6. A Delaware man and his family gave us a tour of their real-life Batcave.
7. Jiroemon Kimura celebrated his 116th birthday, officially becoming the oldest man in the world.
Kimura’s motto? “Eat light and live long.”
8. Ryan Lochte shared his “philosophy”:
To which the news anchors responded:
9. Schoolchildren in Japan got to go on a field trip to look at flowers.
The Shibazakura Flower Festival in Sagamigawa has been around for over a decade thanks to the efforts of volunteers, largely senior citizen groups.
One senior citizen who has helped in the process said, “Although the residents keep getting older and we face problems in rounding up volunteers, we hope to continue to ensure that the flowers bloom beautifully.”
10. A stingray happily nibbled on a piece of lettuce.
11. A puppy tried to pick a fight with a piece of popcorn.
Watch the full video here.
12. The sky in France became much more colorful.
Over 600,000 people participated in France’s International Kite Festival this year.
13. This woman gave us all something to aspire to.
“I’m trying to stay on the Straight And Narrow, but I keep getting caught up in the Booga Wooga.”
“What’s the Booga Wooga?”
“Everything that’s not the Straight And Narrow.”
14. An angry sorority sister’s email made women everywhere feel better about not rushing in college.
“If you just opened this like I told you to, tie yourself down to whatever chair you’re sitting in, because this email is going to be a rough fucking ride.”
Read the full email here.
15. Celebrities gave us a lot to think about.
16. And last but not least, we saw good people join forces to rise above the bad.
Ronald Tanner of Jonesboro, Texas, carries supplies to be delivered to displaced residents of West.