Palin ghostwriter Lynn Vincent.
Add the ghostwriter of Sarah Palin’s 2009 memoir, “Going Rogue” to the already swollen ranks of conservatives still shaking their heads over Palin’s vice presidential nomination.
“Whatever anyone’s opinion of her faults and failings, to tap someone to be a Veep candidate a few days before the Convention was really not the best plan,” Lynn Vincent, a veteran ghostwriter of Christian memoirs who is credited as a collaborator on Palin’s book, told The New Yorker in this week’s issue.
Vincent’s comment came in the course of a profile of the ghostwriter, a wildly successful author who is almost unknown in literary circles, but who is the master of the genre of inspirational narrative.
Vincent has been credited as co-author on several bestselling memoirs, but has no formal role in Palin’s book, and sources told the magazine’s Ariel Levy that Palin and her team had “reworked” Vincent’s draft because Palin felt it was “too down-homey.”
Vincent, who is prevented by a non-disclosure agreement from discussing her collaboration with the former Alaska governor, is thanked on the second page of the book’s acknowledgements for “her indispensible help in getting words on paper.”
This appears not to have gone down well with Vincent.
“With Sarah Palin, it was, like, ‘Thanks, Lynn Vincent, for taking out the trash,’” she said.
- Andmor2 thinks Even Palin's Ghostwriter... is Win
- IndigosMuse thinks Even Palin's Ghostwriter... is Fail
- flavorwire.com readers just made Even Palin's Ghostwriter... hotter
- lucianne.com readers just made Even Palin's Ghostwriter... hotter
- theimmoralminority.blogspot.com readers just made Even Palin's Ghostwriter... hotter
- rendyb thinks Even Palin's Ghostwriter... is LOL
- almar3 thinks Even Palin's Ghostwriter... is LOL
- thedailybeast.com readers just made Even Palin's Ghostwriter... hotter
Wow, Still attacking her 4 yrs later, isn’t there anything more important going on in the world news than to keep trying to put another nail in the coffin of a grandmother with a son in the army and a Down baby who has no control or influence over our lives. Nice, keep ignoring our Libya ambassador who was murdered along with navy seals who repeatedly requested protection in order to pick on a 2008 politician.
This is about the kind of choices the Republican party are making. They actually chose this woman to be vice president. They did not even vet her properly, she turned out to be the sort of person who would interfere with EVERYTHING, to her own detriment. The ghostwriter KNOWS her audience, inspirational ghost written autobiographies are her speciality, but she went and rewrote everything, and the result was that there are STILL millions of copies in the remainder bins.
- Even Palin's Ghostwriter... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It