The press loves to talk about all the brilliant, world-changing projects that rake in millions on Kickstarter. But what about the thousands of projects that normally get swept under the failed-Kickstarter-project rug? It’s time we had some fun with them.
Here’s how to play:
2. 1. Find a lonely project that has barely any backers or seems otherwise doomed for failure, like this one:
3. 2. Take turns backing the project with your friend.
Just increase your pledge amount every turn.
4. 3. Keep going. The project gets closer and closer to getting funded with every round.
6. And you get closer and closer to having to actually pay.
Just remember: watch out for third parties who might swoop in at the last second and fund the project to completion.
7. 4. If you chicken out because you’re afraid the project is going to get funded, you lose.
10. 5. But if you keep going, you might have to pay
13. Here are a few more neglected projects to get started with:
19. Happy backing!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- One person was killed and another was injured Friday in a shooting at Texas Southern University. Police have detained two possible suspects. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›