You’ll need the following items:
- an old pen w/o ink (to use as a stylus)
- sketch paper (or construction paper) to use as a canvas
- a variety of origami (or colored construction paper)
- a drawing of the subject you want to create.
Step 2: Press hard with the pen to trace an outline of the subject onto the origami (or use carbon paper).
Step 3: Cut out the origami along the traced outline.
Step 4: Paste the pieces onto the canvas with glue. Use tweezers for small pieces. Repeat 2 and 3 with other colors until your piece is finished.
Step 5: Use your imagination to incorporate other materials (e.g., toilet roll, kite string, cupcake paper, etc.).
Step 6: Make a suitable background for the finished piece.
7. You might not have the artistic prowess to pull off such a feat of origamic beauty, but here are some of Lisa KN’s other portraits for you to gawk at.
Lisa K.N. is a self-taught Japanese artist. She calls herself an “Origami illustrator”, “Origaminizer” etc. We can all agree she is amazingly talented and awesome, right? Check out more of her amazing portraits here. She doesn’t have a site yet where you can purchase her artwork, but you should bug her about it anyway.