Kersey of Ardor Blog shows us how to make these adorably charming toys that she created for her son. First up, she made giant dice out of wooden blocks.
“My son is obsessed with dice. He has lost at least five sets from our board games! So if your little one is anything like mine, make these fun jumbo dice just for them.”
Once you have your supplies, add a primer layer to the blocks. The primer will help the paint stay on the blocks and not chip off as easily.
4. Step 1: Once the primer is dry, start painting!
I went with three colors, but you can do however many you would like! Since the blocks have straight edges, it’s pretty easy to keep the colors on the side of the block you want. But if you want them to be perfect, you could also tape off the sides you aren’t currently painting.
6. Step 2: Once your blocks are all painted up, let them dry completely.
7. Step 3: Next, grab your pencil and paint to turn these blocks into dice!
Use the eraser of the pencil as stamp. Handy, right? Just dip the eraser into the paint lid to ensure you don’t get too much paint, and start stamping the numbers! Super easy, right?
9. Step 4: Let your new dice dry completely and let your little one go to town!
“These little finger puppets are our family’s new favorite! The mountains were super easy to draw and you can mess up and no one notices. They’re mountains!”
11. Step 1: Grab your watercolor paper and draw your mountains.
Try different sizes and shapes. We even did a baby one which of course is the favorite.
12. Step 2: Cut out your mountains and punch the holes toward the bottom of each mountain.
These will be the finger holes, so you may want to use your own fingers or the fingers of your kiddo to measure how far apart the holes should be.
14. Step 3: Watercolor the mountains.
You could color them with crayons or markers too, but we are a watercolor kind of family.
16. Step 4: Once they are totally dry, you are ready to play!
- Former Virginia Gov. Jim Gilmore is dropping out of the race for the Republican presidential nomination. He got 133 votes in New Hampshire.
- MLB issued its first-ever lifetime ban for performance enhancing drugs to New York Mets' Jenrry Mejia.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.