1. Your eyes are the same size when you’re born as they are when you’re an adult, but your nose and ears never stop growing.
2. Lore holds that when a horse statue has both front legs in the air, its rider died in battle. If the horse has one leg in the air, its rider died of wounds from battle. If the horse has four legs on the ground, its rider died of natural causes.
3. The total mass of all the ants on Earth is even more than the total mass of us humans.
5. A 72-second radio signal was detected from space in 1977. It hasn’t been picked up since.
6. Butterflies taste with their feet.
7. Coins are actually slightly more likely to land bottoms up because the “heads” side is a bit heavier.
8. The longest one-syllable word in the English language is a seven-way tie…
… And they all start with “S.”