1. Chic Studded and Painted Tote Bags
Does your mom love weekend trips to the farmers’ market or picnics in the park? Turn regular canvas totes into chic weekend bags with studs, paint, and painter’s tape.
2. Lemon Lavender Champagne Cake
It’s springy, citrusy, and the frosting’ll get you a little bit tipsy!
3. Fringe Statement Necklaces
Turn a simple necklace into a much more awesome statement piece using nothing but fringe and hot glue.
4. Embroidery Hoop Clocks
Make a wall clock using embroidery hoops, a clock kit, and patterned fabric. We love the idea of making a few for different time zones if your mom’s got friends or family living abroad.
5. Lemon Tea Cupcakes
Combine pink lemonade cake mix with ice tea and bake in a lemon to create this adorable take on an Arnold Palmer.
6. Belted Storage Totes
Could Mom use a little help in the organization department? Create stylish storage totes with shipping boxes, fabric, and a repurposed belt.
7. Watch Wrap Bracelet
It’s time to toss that leather watch strap aside! Combine a beaded necklace with an old watch face to create a totally unique timepiece.
8. Stylish Dyed Scarves
It’s a fact of life that all moms love scarves. Create ombre, ikat, and chevron scarves to spice up her scarf collection.
9. Leather Tassel Necklace
Who says tassels are just for graduation? This fetching piece is elegant and fun and won’t break the bank.
10. Pretty Custom Camera Strap
Is your mom a shutterbug? Amp up her camera style by turning a scarf or belt into a chic custom camera strap.
11. State-Shaped Bulletin Boards
Show hometown pride with a memo board in the shape of the state you grew up in.
12. Zipper Bracelets
Your mom will swoon over your resourcefulness and ingenuity with this simple project.
13. Chocolate-Covered Amaretto Strawberries
The days of a simple chocolate-covered strawberry are behind us. It’s time to fill up those strawberries with creamy Amaretto goodness.
14. Sparkling Statement Necklace
Mom loves to get fancy as much as you do! Create a one-of-a-kind piece of dazzling jewelry using rhinestones, tulle, and beads.
15. Chalkboard Cheese Tray
Does your mom love a good cheese plate? Give her a modern piece of tableware by creating a funky chalkboard cheese tray.
16. Gold-Tipped Ballet Flats
Give your mom’s shoe style an update by adding gold details to a few of her old ballet flats.
17. Polaroid Tote Bag
It’s no secret that all moms love to show off photos of their kids, even if their kids are 35. Take a canvas bag and add iron-on transfers of your mom’s favorite photos so she can tote them around wherever she goes.
18. Cross-Stitched Stationery
Never got into the whole cross-stitch thing? Your mom will definitely giggle if you give her a set of “cross-stitched” notecards.
19. Glitter Gardening Tools
Who says mops, brooms, and gardening tools have to be boring? This is a fun way to add color to any chore.
We've got your WKND covered.
- BP has agreed to pay a $18.7 billion fine to settle legal actions over the 2010 Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
- Boko Haram has killed 97 people at mosques in northeastern Nigeria, a government official told AP.
- Former Virginia Sen. Jim Webb, a Democrat with a military background, is running for president.
- Tidal is now the only place you can stream Prince's music. He's pulled his work from other services, like Spotify.