1. Artist and designer Emily Van Tassel transformed a member from the band, Hani Zahra, into a character from the movie classic “Planet of the Apes” for a show that they played on Halloween last year.
2. The whole process from start to finish took approximately four hours.
3. Tassel, who has limited to no experience with makeup, said that she learned how to do this by just “googling stuff.”
4. Being as this was her first time doing stage makeup and prosthetics, she did a pretty darn good job!
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›