1. Artist and designer Emily Van Tassel transformed a member from the band, Hani Zahra, into a character from the movie classic “Planet of the Apes” for a show that they played on Halloween last year.
2. The whole process from start to finish took approximately four hours.
3. Tassel, who has limited to no experience with makeup, said that she learned how to do this by just “googling stuff.”
4. Being as this was her first time doing stage makeup and prosthetics, she did a pretty darn good job!
In The News Today
- President Obama on Monday declared a major disaster in South Carolina, where floods have killed at least 12 people and left tens of thousands stranded. ›
- California has become the fifth U.S. state to legalize physician-assisted suicide for terminally ill patients. ›
- The U.S., Japan, and 10 other Pacific Rim nations have agreed to a historic trade deal encompassing 40% of the world's economy. ›