1. On July 6th, a UTair flight from Moscow had to abort its landing in Barcelona when an Aerolíneas Argentinas Airbus was given instructions to taxi onto the same runaway as the income plane.
2. The scene unfolded when an air traffic controller gave the Aerolíneas Argentinas Airbus the OK to cross the runway.
3. Acting fast, the pilot of the incoming UTair flight decided to abort the landing at the last second.
4. After circling around for a few minutes, the pilot of the UTair flight safely landed the jetliner with no incident.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria to move across the countries' borders with Hungary, where Syrians' passage had been blocked. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›