1. You may remember Benji Cowart, the dad from Nashville, Tennessee who wrote a parody to Magic!’s hit song “RUDE.” Well now, singer Nicky Costabile has responded with the “daughter’s” side of the story.
2. In an interview, Nicky told BuzzFeed she created the song solely because she thought it was a fun idea, and she is in no way the “daughter” mentioned in Benji’s mega-viral parody video.
“My friend Marisa DiFrisco came up with the lyrics and I thought it would be funny to make a video replying to the Dad’s perspective! This is just a friendly parody speaking from a girl’s view.”
3. Nicky also told BuzzFeed she thinks “marriage is beautiful” and “hopes to be married one day,” even if it may seem like otherwise in her video.
5. Watch the video that sparked the response from Nicky here:
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- The fire at a South Carolina black church late Tuesday night wasn't arson, according to a preliminary investigation.