1. You may remember Benji Cowart, the dad from Nashville, Tennessee who wrote a parody to Magic!’s hit song “RUDE.” Well now, singer Nicky Costabile has responded with the “daughter’s” side of the story.
2. In an interview, Nicky told BuzzFeed she created the song solely because she thought it was a fun idea, and she is in no way the “daughter” mentioned in Benji’s mega-viral parody video.
“My friend Marisa DiFrisco came up with the lyrics and I thought it would be funny to make a video replying to the Dad’s perspective! This is just a friendly parody speaking from a girl’s view.”
3. Nicky also told BuzzFeed she thinks “marriage is beautiful” and “hopes to be married one day,” even if it may seem like otherwise in her video.
5. Watch the video that sparked the response from Nicky here:
- Mullah Omar, the Taliban's reclusive leader, died more than two years ago, Afghan officials say. The Taliban hasn't commented.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️