1. The folks at Mythbusters have finally debunked an old myth that has affected us all— That you will get to your destination just as fast if you stay in one lane of traffic, rather than weaving.
2. The crew conducted two tests. First, with one car that weaved in traffic while the other car stayed in one lane…
The weaver took 1 hour and 11 minutes to get to the destination, while the sticker took 1 hour and 13 minutes.
3. Then another test with one weaver and four cars that stuck to one lane.
The weaver took 1 hour and 16 minutes to get to the destination, while the stickers took and average of 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Greece voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain, and its creditors are unimpressed.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.