1. The folks at Mythbusters have finally debunked an old myth that has affected us all— That you will get to your destination just as fast if you stay in one lane of traffic, rather than weaving.
2. The crew conducted two tests. First, with one car that weaved in traffic while the other car stayed in one lane…
The weaver took 1 hour and 11 minutes to get to the destination, while the sticker took 1 hour and 13 minutes.
3. Then another test with one weaver and four cars that stuck to one lane.
The weaver took 1 hour and 16 minutes to get to the destination, while the stickers took and average of 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. The suspected drivers have been arrested. ›
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency due to the "severe threat" posed to his state by Tropical Storm Erika. ›