1. Jon Hamm Took Sarah Clarke (“24,” “Twilight”) to Prom at John Burroughs High School in St. Louis.
Hamm revealed this surprising tidbit during a roundtable that included Kiefer Sutherland, Clarke’s former co-star from 24.
2. Hamm Later Returned to John Burroughs High as a Drama Teacher, Where One of His Students Was Ellie Kemper.
“In addition to being really handsome, he was an excellent teacher,” Ellie said of learning under Mr. Hamm. Well, duh!
3. The Former Teacher and Pupil Would Eventually Star Together in “Bridesmaids.”
Listen to Ellie’s thoughts on seeing her mentor get naked during the film.
4. Vincent Kartheiser and Alexis Bledel Got Engaged In March.
The passionate affair between their characters, Pete Campbell and Beth Dawes, was perhaps the most beautiful part of Season 5.
5. January Jones Was One of the American Girls Who Slept With Colin in “Love Actually.”
Betty Draper, unlike Jeannie, proved impervious to Lane Price’s Estuary English.
6. Aaron Staton Won Critical Acclaim For Playing Cole Phelps in the 2011 Video Game “L.A. Noire.”
Staton lost the 2012 BAFTA for Best Game Performance to Mark Hamill, of all people, who won not for playing Luke Skywalker, but rather for playing The Joker, of all characters, in Batman: Arkham City.
7. Jessica Paré Thinks Boobs Are Funny
After straddling Crag Robinson, topless, in Hot Tub Time Machine, the future Mrs. Draper said, “I think t*ts can be funny.”
8. Glen Bishop, Sally Draper’s Creepy Not-Boyfriend, is Played By Matthew Weiner’s Son.
It’s the only billed acting role Marten Holden Weiner has ever played.
9. Alison Brie Was in an Episode of “Hannah Montana.”
According to IMDb, this episode is from 2006. Alison Brie was born in 1982. Which means she was in her early 20s during production.
10. John Slattery’s Current Wife, Talia Balsam, Plays Roger Sterling’s Ex-Wife, Mona.
She also played Vice President Walden’s wife, Cynthia, in Homeland.
11. Christina Hendricks Appeared in Two Episodes of the Cult Sci-Fi Series “Firefly.”
She played a mysterious, seductive con artist named Saffron.
12. Christopher Stanley Played Minor Roles in Both “Argo” and “Zero Dark Thirty.”
Eat your heart out, Kyle Chandler. Don’t feel so special now, do you? (Just kidding, Coach Taylor. Please don’t scowl at me. I love you).
13. Like His City-Boy Character, Vincent Kartheiser Didn’t Own A Car Until Very Recently.
Kartheiser made waves in 2010, when he said, in addition to not owning a car, that he lived in a self-proclaimed “wooden box.”
14. Like Her French-Canadian Character, Jessica Pare Was Raised in Montreal and Has a College Professor For a Father.
Hopefully Jess’s real-world parents are a little more stable than her Mad Men parents.
15. The Newest Bobby Draper Played Teri Hatcher’s Son on “Desperate Housewives.”
Mason Vale Cotton, the fourth iteration of Bobby Draper, was a marked improvement in Season 5. But he’ll still be hard-pressed to upstage his “older sister,” Kiernan Shipka.
16. Christina Hendricks and January Jones Both Made Their Acting Debuts in an Unaired MTV Pilot From 1999.
The former nobodies both played “Kappas” in an ill-fated Greek Life satire called Sorority.
17. Robert Morse Won a Tony Award in 1990 For Starring in a One-Man Show About Truman Capote.
It was actually Morse’s second Tony Award; he also won Best Musical Actor in 1962 for How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. (Check out video here).
18. Jon Hamm’s First Televised Role Was Billed: ‘Gorgeous Guy at Bar,’ in a 1997 Episode of “Ally McBeal.”
Easiest. Casting. Decision. Ever.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- Uber has suspended its low-cost UberPOP service in France following protests last week.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?