2. Jean-Claude Van Damme decided it was time to be taken seriously.
4. Tom Hanks was finally a leading man. Also, we apparently were already trying to bring back the ’80s.
5. We tried to figure out the success behind that cult hit show Seinfeld.
6. Shannen Doherty was trying to give her career a makeover. I think step one was leaving Beverly Hills, 90210
7. We wondered why Jason Patric wasn’t a star yet. That question still keeps me up a night.
8. Couldn’t wait to see those summer blockbusters Made in America and Coneheads.
9. The nice host from America’s Got Talent was the scariest man in show businesses.
10. It was all about Full House of course! And also Sharon Stone sex scenes.
11. It was the end of Michael J. Fox’s career. Whatever happened to that guy?
In The News Today
- U.S. President Barack Obama visited Oregon on Friday to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›
- A judge halted all eight scheduled executions in Arkansas. Inmates are challenging a law allowing the state to keep the source of its execution drugs a secret. ›