1. Adapted from the UK sitcom Man About the House, Three’s Company went through a lengthy development process, in fact the original unaired pilot filmed for ABC is different than the show that aired.
2. While the unaired pilot had the same set-up, there were a few key differences:
3. Instead of living in a beachside apartment building in Santa Monica, they lived in a building in North Hollywood.
4. John Ritter played “David” (not Jack Tripper), an aspiring film maker.
Jack was a culinary student on the show.
5. Valerie Curtin played “Jenny” (the “Janet” role), who was an employee of the DMV.
6. Susanne Zenor played “Samantha” (the “Chrissy” role), an aspiring actress.
7. One thing that remained the same in the unaired pilot were the Ropers.
And Helen Ropers collection of caftans.
8. The entire pilot was online but taken off. Luckily we still have the intro:
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›