1. Freddie Mercury and David Bowie’s Isolated Vocal Track For “Under Pressure”:
According to Open Culture, tensions ran extremely high and egos clashed between, David and Freddie, while recording the mega-hit single. The final version of “Under Pressure” evolved from a jam session, which took place over a 24-hour period in the summer of 1981, at Mountain Studios in Montreux, Switzerland.
In 2008, Queen guitarist Brian May spoke with Mojo magazine about the collaboration, saying: “It was very hard because you already had four precocious boys and David, who was precocious enough for all of us. Passions ran very high. I found it very hard because I got so little of my own way. But David had a real vision and he took over the song lyrically.”
2. Listen to Queen, “Under Pressure”:
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".