1. Created in 1971, by the Department of Health, Education, and Welfare, Curious Alice was intended to be an anti-drug PSA for eight to ten year olds; based upon the characters from Alice in Wonderland.
2. In the film, Alice tours a trippy and psychedelic “Wonderland” where she learns about drugs from her new friends…
3. …the pot smoking Caterpillar….
4. …the heroin pushing King of Hearts…
5. …a tweaked out March Hare….
6. ….the pill-popping Dormouse (who is totally a little Neely)….
7. …and the Mad Hatter, who likes to drop LSD on sugar cubes.
8. Unfortunately, the message is completely lost and instead of teaching kids about the dangers of drug, it made them look like a lot of fun.
9. The Curious Alice:
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›
- And a Turkish court had to call in experts to determine whether a man comparing the country's president to Gollum from "Lord of the Rings" was an insult. ›