1. In 2002, Chili’s sponsored the final leg of NYSNC’s “Celebrity Tour.” As part of the promotion the group filmed two memorable commercials - both of which featured their own rendition of the “Baby Back Ribs” jingle.
2. Premiering during The Golden Globes, the first commercial featured NSYNC marooned on an island:
3. The second commercial featured a bit of foreshadowing as Justin breaks out into a solo rendition of “Baby Back Ribs,” leaving his other band members frustrated:
4. Of course TRL need to get some behind the scenes video:
5. Incidentally, the Chili’s sponsored leg of the tour would be the final time that NYSNC would tour together.
6. In 2012 Lance Bass tweeted this photo out, proving he still wants his Baby Back Ribs [and probably an NYSNC reunion].
In The News Today
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›
- SAB Miller has accepted "in principle" a takeover offer from Anheuser-Busch InBev, which would create the world's largest beer company. ›