1. Actress and dancer Jane Fowler performs some of the live-action sequences for Maleficent.
2. Along with Maleficent, Fowler was also a live-action reference for the Queen (aka Princess Aurora’s mother).
3. While Fowler provided some of the live-action references, all of Maleficent’s mannerisms and expressions are based on actress Eleanor Audley, who not only also provided some of the live-action modeling as well, but also voiced the character.
Audley had previoulsy been the voice and live-action reference for another Disney villain, Lady Tremaine in Cinderella.
4. Actor Ed Kemmer as Prince Phillip, modeling for the final battle sequence.
Actor Bill Shirley provided the voice for Phillip in the film.
Prince Phillip, unlike his two other prince predecessors from Snow White and Cinderella, was a much more prominent character.
5. Kemmer kissing actress Helene Stanley — who provided all the live-action modeling for Princess Aurora — on the cheek as they model for the iconic “True Love’s Kiss” scene.
- Amazon, Walmart, and other retailers were hit with more than $300,000 in fines for selling toy guns that look like real guns.
- President Obama will unveil a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.