1. Actress and dancer Jane Fowler performs some of the live-action sequences for Maleficent.
2. Along with Maleficent, Fowler was also a live-action reference for the Queen (aka Princess Aurora’s mother).
3. While Fowler provided some of the live-action references, all of Maleficent’s mannerisms and expressions are based on actress Eleanor Audley, who not only also provided some of the live-action modeling as well, but also voiced the character.
Audley had previoulsy been the voice and live-action reference for another Disney villain, Lady Tremaine in Cinderella.
4. Actor Ed Kemmer as Prince Phillip, modeling for the final battle sequence.
Actor Bill Shirley provided the voice for Phillip in the film.
Prince Phillip, unlike his two other prince predecessors from Snow White and Cinderella, was a much more prominent character.
5. Kemmer kissing actress Helene Stanley — who provided all the live-action modeling for Princess Aurora — on the cheek as they model for the iconic “True Love’s Kiss” scene.
- President Obama has announced a new rule that would expand eligibility for overtime pay to millions more Americans.
- An order from the U.S. Supreme Court means Texas abortion clinics affected by a new state law can stay open while the law is challenged.
- Transgender women can be housed in women's immigrant detention facilities under new guidelines issued today.