1. Actress and dancer Jane Fowler performs some of the live-action sequences for Maleficent.
2. Along with Maleficent, Fowler was also a live-action reference for the Queen (aka Princess Aurora’s mother).
3. While Fowler provided some of the live-action references, all of Maleficent’s mannerisms and expressions are based on actress Eleanor Audley, who not only also provided some of the live-action modeling as well, but also voiced the character.
Audley had previoulsy been the voice and live-action reference for another Disney villain, Lady Tremaine in Cinderella.
4. Actor Ed Kemmer as Prince Phillip, modeling for the final battle sequence.
Actor Bill Shirley provided the voice for Phillip in the film.
5. Kemmer kissing actress Helene Stanley — who provided all the live-action modeling for Princess Aurora — on the cheek as they model for the iconic “True Love’s Kiss” scene.
- Game on: the Denver Broncos are playing the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl 50. We're bringing you the play-by-play 🏈🙌
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and Sen. Marco Rubio malfunctioned 🇺🇸
- BuzzFeed News has identified a second member of the ISIS execution cell led by "Jihadi John."