1. Britney Spears and NSYNC — “…Baby One More Time”/ “Tearin’ Up My Heart” 
In their VMA debut performance the guys shared the stage with Britney Spears — who also happened to be making her first appearance.
2. “This I Promise You”/ “Bye, Bye, Bye”/ “It’s Gonna Be Me” 
The guys gave an iconic performance of hits from their then-latest album No Strings Attached.
Unfortunately, their video for “Bye Bye Bye” did not win Video of the Year that night — it lost to Eminem’s “The Real Slim Shady.” But the guys didn’t leave empty handed, their video took home the Moonman for Best Pop Video, Best Choreography in a Video, and Viewer’s Choice.
NSYNC stole the show that night by bringing on none other the “King of Pop,” Michael Jackson, during their performance of “Pop.”
Also, check out Justin Timberlake beat-boxing in the background.
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The South Carolina Senate is debating a bill calling for the removal of the Confederate battle flag from statehouse grounds.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.