Daft Punk are certainly no strangers to embracing disco — after all they brought in super-producer and Chic frontman, Nile Rodgers, to give “Get Lucky” an authentic ’70s dance music vibe — and they continued the disco-theme with their clever new campaign that pays homage to ads of the late ’70s and early ’80s.
3. If it wasn’t for the belt buckle, this could totally pass for a high-waisted Gloria Vanderbilt jeans ad.
4. This could fit right in with an early ’80s Maxell cassette tape ad.
- 26 people, thought to be refugees and migrants, were discovered in the back of a truck in Austria. ›
- Thai police arrested a man alleged to have explosives in his possession, almost two weeks after a deadly bomb blast in Bangkok killed 20 people. ›
- A Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy was ambushed Friday night when a man walked up and repeatedly shot him from behind. ›