Daft Punk are certainly no strangers to embracing disco — after all they brought in super-producer and Chic frontman, Nile Rodgers, to give “Get Lucky” an authentic ’70s dance music vibe — and they continued the disco-theme with their clever new campaign that pays homage to ads of the late ’70s and early ’80s.
3. If it wasn’t for the belt buckle, this could totally pass for a high-waisted Gloria Vanderbilt jeans ad.
4. This could fit right in with an early ’80s Maxell cassette tape ad.
6. A nod to Brooke Shields’ infamous Calvin Klein Jeans campaign
- At least three police officers in Colorado Springs were injured in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood clinic, officials said. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›