1. “Beverly Hills Teens” debuted in 1987. It had a ridiculous plot that revolved around the exaggerated lives of a group of spoiled rich teenagers.
2. Most of the show revolved around three main characters:
3. Larke Tanner
Larke is the blonde-haired (of course), blue-eyed (of course), kind-hearted (of course), and popular teen queen of Beverly Hills High School. She’s in love with Troy Jeffries.
Additionally she is a part-time model (isn’t everyone?).
4. Troy Jeffries
Troy is the most popular jock in Beverly Hills High School. He is also in love with Larke Tanner.
5. Bianca Dupree
Bianca was the scheming, backstabbing, arrogant, bitch of the show (and of course she has black hair). She also has a major crush on Troy Jeffries and is very jealous of his relationship with Larke Tanner; she is constantly scheming to ruin it.
All you really need to know is she was the real star of the show and the only reason to tune in.
6. Surprisingly, the series only ran from September 21, 1987 – December 18, 1987. All sixty-five episodes ran in that one short season.
7. One of the most memorable and lasting elements of the show was its theme song.
8. “Beverly Hills Teens” intro:
9. FYI: Anyone wanting to relive this forgotten “classic” cartoon can now buy the DVD (for the first time); it was released earlier this year.
- Illinois' attorney general has asked the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division to investigate Chicago's police department. ›
- It's World AIDS Day — 35 million people have died from AIDS-related conditions, and more than 34 million people are living with the disease. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg says he'll give away 99% of his Facebook shares (worth $45 billion today) over the course of his life. ›