1. British-born Cathy Dennis first burst on to the music scene with her 1989 collaboration with house music producer, D Mob, and their single “C’mon and Get My Love.”
The following year Dennis released her solo debut album, “Move to This.”
3. In 1996, Dennis’ songwriting career began when she co-wrote “Bumper to Bumper”, the B-side to the Spice Girls’ hit single “Wannabe”.
4. ’00s Dennis began to write/co-write several big top-ten hits like: Kylie Minogue’s “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head”. In 2001, the song reached No. 7 on the “Billboard” Hot 100 and No. 1 on the U.S. Hot Dance Club Songs.
5. Also, Kelly Clarkson’s “Before Your Love”. In 2002, the song was released as a double A-side single with “A Moment Like This” which reached No. 1 on the “Billboard” Hot 100.
6. And even Britney Spears’ “Toxic”. In 2004, the song reached No. 9 on the “Billboard” Hot 100 and No. 1 on both U.S. Hot Dance Club Songs and U.S. Pop Songs.
7. Her last big hit was Katy Perry’s “I Kissed A Girl”. In 2008, the song reached No. 1 on the “Billboard” Hot 100, remaining there for seven weeks. The song is also one of the best selling singles worldwide, selling over 8 million copies.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The family of Sandra Bland, who died in a Texas jail cell in July three days after she was detained during a traffic stop, filed a wrongful death lawsuit in federal court.
- Migrant deaths in the Mediterranean have exceeded 2,000, making 2015 the deadliest year for people trying to reach Europe, according to the International Organization for Migration.
- At least 24 homes have been lost and one firefighter killed as dozens of wildfires continue to ravage drought-stricken California.