1. Tish on how crazy kids are today and how that’s not going to be Miley:
“It is so scary as a mom to see all these kids who are so whacked now. I don’t want to be too much and have her rebel. Not that we think she’s going to do that.”
2. Billy on how Miley has a good head on her shoulders:
“The biggest phenomenon in all this is that the kid’s been able to keep her head on her shoulders.”
3. Tish on working hard to keep Miley normal:
“Everything is about keeping her grounded.”
4. On how her parents try to scare her straight:
“Her parents give Miley articles about Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, and Paris Hilton to read as cautionary tales. Says her mom [Tish]: ‘I’m like, Paris is in jail, Miley!’”
5. How Tish still keeps her in check:
“‘I still threaten her with a wooden spoon to the butt!’ Tish says. Every Sunday Miley must attend church with the rest of the family.”
6. Billy on how Miley is doing alright:
“She hasn’t flipped out. I’m going to knock on wood.I pray every day she can stay on that path.”
7. Miley’s view on her future:
“We don’t really worry about anything. We let life do its thing, and we just sit back and enjoy the ride.”
8. I mean come on!
Read the entire article at People.