1. The intense pressure of adjusting your MySpace top 8.
Also, the feeling of joy of being someone else’s No. 1 on their top 8.
2. The little joy you got from filling out MySpace surveys.
Also realizing how much you lied on them.
3. How these were the first stops you made whenever you went to the mall:
You can probably still smell the nauseating aroma of Abercrombie & Fitch’s Fierce cologne.
4. Getting super excited whenever the new issue of A&F Quarterly came out.
And having to find a way to get your parents to buy it for you without them noticing the cover.
5. When it came to jeans, flared and distressed was the only way to go.
6. Totally rocking layered polos with popped collars.
Especially if they were Lacoste.
7. How shocked you were at this iconic moment:
And then laughing afterward when you learned they cut Christina Aguilera’s kiss.
8. Thinking Dane Cook was super edgy.
9. And thinking that John Mayer was the most romantic singer-songwriter ever.
10. How Chris Carrabba totally got your teen angst.
11. Never missing an episode of The Osbournes.
And also how the show made you a feel a little better about your own parents.
12. Imitating Napoleon Dynamite’s voice when quoting the movie.
You probably also had a “Vote For Pedro” T-shirt.
13. How this was the best site to chronicle your trip to the mall:
Everyone needed to know the drama that went down.
14. The feeling of disappointment you got after downloading a song from LimeWire and finding out it’s either a fake or a terrible radio rip.
Or having mislabeled MP3s.
15. Making the perfect mix CD for every occasion.
Of course, you immediately decorated your mix CD with a Sharpie.
16. Carefully arranging your CD collection in your organizer.
Well, until your collection got too big and then you just crammed as many CDs in it as possible without busting the zipper.
19. …and DisMissed taught you all you needed to know about dating in the real world.
20. Trying to make “fetch” happen.
Basically, always finding the right moment to quote Mean Girls.
21. How you thought Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake were the most perfect couple.
22. The infinite wisdom of Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie.
23. Getting home early to catch your favorite celebs on TRL.
24. Putting on your best stoner voice to quote the Dell Guy.
“Dude, you’re getting a Dell.”
25. Being mesmerized by the greatness of Ja Rule and Ashanti duets.
26. How you thought Garden State was a deep movie.
27. Being B-A-N-A-N-A-S over Gwen Stefani’s solo career.
And also trying to figure out what a Hollaback Girl is.
28. The struggle of not having an iPod and having to do with a CD mp3 player
And the bigger struggle of having to skip like 40 tracks to get to the song you wanted.
29. How disposable cameras were the only way you could take selfies and photos with your friends.
Also the anticipation of getting the photos developed and then immediately ripping up any photo you didn’t like of yourself.
30. Picking up state T-shirts with sexual innuendos from Urban Outfitters.
31. The sense of responsibility you got when your parents added you to their Blockbuster card.
And then having them yell at you for always returning the movies late.
32. How you thought Avril Lavigne and Ashlee Simpson were totally genuine and real.
RIP Ashlee’s old nose.
33. Feeling like a badass while listening to pop punk.
35. …or movie came out.
36. The little feeling of superiority you had when you were the first person among your friends to get a flip phone with a camera.
Also, the importance of picking the right wallpaper and ringtone for your phone.
37. Risking your parents taking away your phone by going over your minutes or texting limit.
38. Trucker hats.
Especially Von Dutch trucker hats.
39. That Coach bags and Tiffany & Co. charm necklaces were the ultimate status symbols.
40. Being afraid to get the “Love Bug” or some other virus in an email.
41. The annoyance of having to use the TV Guide Channel to find out what was on.
And the even bigger of annoyance of accidentally looking away and missing the channel you were waiting for and having to wait for the scroll to repeat.
43. And also the importance of crafting the perfect “away” message.
Just picking the right font was stressful enough.
44. Juicy Couture tracksuits.
45. Totally feeling invested in Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey’s marriage.
And feeling betrayed when they broke up. WAS IT ALL FOR SHOW, MTV?
46. This iconic moment:
It might have made you ask the same thing.
47. Accessorizing your everyday look with leather cuffs and puka shell necklaces.
48. Being utterly confused about what West Coast Customs would do to the cars on Pimp My Ride.
49. Watching Trading Spaces marathons whenever you stayed home sick from school.
Also feeling bad for whoever got Hildi Santo-Tomas.
50. Being addicted to playing Snake on your Nokia cell phone.
53. And immediately jumping up doing “The Ketchup Song (Aserejé)” dance whenever the song played.
And failing to try to sing along.
54. Finding someone from school’s LiveJournal and secretly reading all of their entries.
55. The anticipation of going to see the new The Lord of the Rings film.
56. Decking out your arm with Livestrong and other cause bracelets — ‘cause you CARED!
57. This was the most romantic kiss you had ever seen…
59. Wishing you could live like the teens on The O.C.
‘Cause they really weren’t teens.