5. Adam West, who portrayed Batman in the 1960s TV series, was reportedly disappointed that he was not offered a chance to reprise the role — despite the fact that he was 60 years old at the time.
10. After Sean Young dropped out of the role of Vicki Vale, Tim Burton wanted to cast Michelle Pfeiffer in her place. But Michael Keaton objected as he was dating Pfeiffer at the time and believed it would be too awkward.
She went on to portray Catwoman in Batman Returns.
12. Dick Grayson/Robin was originally supposed to appear in a cameo, but the scene was cut as the filmmakers felt he was irrelevant to the plot. The video below is an animated storyboard sequence of how the scene would have appeared:
21. Batman was the highest grossing film based on a DC comic book until 2008’s The Dark Knight.
- 200 million women and girls have undergone genital mutilation, UNICEF data says. But the practice's prevalence is down.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders debated head-to-head over who was a true "progressive." 🇺🇸
- Do you know what happened in the news this week? Time to take our quiz.