1. Sofía got her start on the Mexican telenovela “Acapulco, Cuerpo y Alma” (1995).
2. Co-hosted the adventure/travel show “Fuera de Serie” (1995–1998).
3. Was one of the hosts of the Spanish-language game show “A Que No Te Atreves” (1999-2000).
4. Sofía also had her own calendar in 2000.
The pictures get a bit cheeky!
5. Of course she did a “Maxim” photo shoot (2001).
And even did a funny Spanish-language commercial for them.
7. Was part of the ensemble cast of the Tim Allen movie “Big Trouble” (2002)….
And she was really hot in it!
9. Starred in a Spanish-language commercial for McDonald’s Big and Tasty (2002).
11. Played a flight attendant in “Soul Plane” (2004).
13. Co-starred opposite Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, Andre Benjamin and Garrett Hedlund in “Four Brothers” (2005).
14. Was one the stars of “Hot Properties” (2005).
No, this wasn’t a show on HGTV.
15. Dated Tom Cruise (2005).
16. Tried to rob Mick Jagger and Kelly Ripa on the show “The Knights of Prosperity” (2007).
17. Played the Mary Alice Young role on the Spanish-language adaptation of “Desperate Housewives” (2007).
18. She was Angela Bassett’s friend in “Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns” (2008).
In 2009, she was cast in her Emmy/Golden Globe nominated role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on “Modern Family.”
- Dozens of people are dead after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.