1. Sofía got her start on the Mexican telenovela “Acapulco, Cuerpo y Alma” (1995).
2. Co-hosted the adventure/travel show “Fuera de Serie” (1995–1998).
3. Was one of the hosts of the Spanish-language game show “A Que No Te Atreves” (1999-2000).
4. Sofía also had her own calendar in 2000.
The pictures get a bit cheeky!
5. Of course she did a “Maxim” photo shoot (2001).
And even did a funny Spanish-language commercial for them.
7. Was part of the ensemble cast of the Tim Allen movie “Big Trouble” (2002)….
And she was really hot in it!
9. Starred in a Spanish-language commercial for McDonald’s Big and Tasty (2002).
11. Played a flight attendant in “Soul Plane” (2004).
13. Co-starred opposite Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, Andre Benjamin and Garrett Hedlund in “Four Brothers” (2005).
14. Was one the stars of “Hot Properties” (2005).
No, this wasn’t a show on HGTV.
15. Dated Tom Cruise (2005).
16. Tried to rob Mick Jagger and Kelly Ripa on the show “The Knights of Prosperity” (2007).
17. Played the Mary Alice Young role on the Spanish-language adaptation of “Desperate Housewives” (2007).
18. She was Angela Bassett’s friend in “Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns” (2008).
In 2009, she was cast in her Emmy/Golden Globe nominated role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on “Modern Family.”
- A boat packed with mainly African migrants bound for Italy sank off the Libyan coast on Thursday and officials fear over 100 people might have died, Reuters reports. ›
- President Obama marked a decade of recovery after Hurricane Katrina, citing gains, but also the immense amount of work that he said still needs to be done. ›
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said (on Faceboook, obviously) that one billion people used the service on Monday 🌐 ›