1. Sofía got her start on the Mexican telenovela “Acapulco, Cuerpo y Alma” (1995).
2. Co-hosted the adventure/travel show “Fuera de Serie” (1995–1998).
3. Was one of the hosts of the Spanish-language game show “A Que No Te Atreves” (1999-2000).
4. Sofía also had her own calendar in 2000.
The pictures get a bit cheeky!
5. Of course she did a “Maxim” photo shoot (2001).
And even did a funny Spanish-language commercial for them.
7. Was part of the ensemble cast of the Tim Allen movie “Big Trouble” (2002)….
And she was really hot in it!
9. Starred in a Spanish-language commercial for McDonald’s Big and Tasty (2002).
11. Played a flight attendant in “Soul Plane” (2004).
13. Co-starred opposite Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, Andre Benjamin and Garrett Hedlund in “Four Brothers” (2005).
14. Was one the stars of “Hot Properties” (2005).
No, this wasn’t a show on HGTV.
15. Dated Tom Cruise (2005).
16. Tried to rob Mick Jagger and Kelly Ripa on the show “The Knights of Prosperity” (2007).
17. Played the Mary Alice Young role on the Spanish-language adaptation of “Desperate Housewives” (2007).
18. She was Angela Bassett’s friend in “Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns” (2008).
In 2009, she was cast in her Emmy/Golden Globe nominated role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on “Modern Family.”
- Three major U.S. airlines — Delta, American, and United — have banned the transport of big game trophies after the illegal killing of Cecil the lion in Zimbabwe.
- On August 4th, 2011, the death of Mark Duggan — an unarmed black man — at the hands of police officers in north London sparked nationwide riots.
- Two people were killed and at least 22 injured after a circus tent collapsed amid stormy weather Monday evening in New Hampshire.