1. Sofía got her start on the Mexican telenovela “Acapulco, Cuerpo y Alma” (1995).
2. Co-hosted the adventure/travel show “Fuera de Serie” (1995–1998).
3. Was one of the hosts of the Spanish-language game show “A Que No Te Atreves” (1999-2000).
4. Sofía also had her own calendar in 2000.
The pictures get a bit cheeky!
5. Of course she did a “Maxim” photo shoot (2001).
And even did a funny Spanish-language commercial for them.
7. Was part of the ensemble cast of the Tim Allen movie “Big Trouble” (2002)….
And she was really hot in it!
9. Starred in a Spanish-language commercial for McDonald’s Big and Tasty (2002).
11. Played a flight attendant in “Soul Plane” (2004).
13. Co-starred opposite Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese Gibson, Andre Benjamin and Garrett Hedlund in “Four Brothers” (2005).
14. Was one the stars of “Hot Properties” (2005).
No, this wasn’t a show on HGTV.
15. Dated Tom Cruise (2005).
16. Tried to rob Mick Jagger and Kelly Ripa on the show “The Knights of Prosperity” (2007).
17. Played the Mary Alice Young role on the Spanish-language adaptation of “Desperate Housewives” (2007).
18. She was Angela Bassett’s friend in “Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns” (2008).
In 2009, she was cast in her Emmy/Golden Globe nominated role as Gloria Delgado-Pritchett on “Modern Family.”
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."