1. Pixar conceived the idea for the films Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, A Bug’s Life, and Wall-E during one lunch meeting in 1994.
2. Iconic Muppet performer Frank Oz, came up with the name Mike Wazowski.
Frank also voiced the character of Jeff Fungus (Randall’s assistant).
3. Bill Murray was the first choice to voice Sulley. He reportedly tested for the role and was interested, but when the producers were unable to make contact with him after the test, they took that to mean “no.”
4. Boo was originally written to be six-year-old. She was rewritten to be toddler because the writers felt it would make her more dependent on Sulley.
5. In the original script, Sulley was a janitor and not a scarer. Also, Mike’s character did not exist.
6. There are over 2.3 million individual strands of hairs on Sulley.
His exact number of hairs is 2,320,413.
7. Because each individual strand of hair had to be animated, it took an average of 12 hours to render a single frame of Sulley.
9. This was the fourth movie that John Goodman and Steve Buscemi costarred together in.
It was also the first film they costarred together in that was not directed or produced by the Coen Brothers.
10. The song Boo sings while in the restroom is “Beauty and the Beast.”
11. The scene where Sulley thinks that Boo has been crushed in a trash compactor, is a direct reference to the Looney Tunes short Feed the Kitty.
Sulley even mimics the same reactions, shot-for-shot, as Marc Anthony the protagonist of Feed the Kitty.
13. The short film Mike’s New Car, was originally supposed to be a scene in the film.
14. Randy Newman, won his first Oscar for the film’s closing song “If I Didn’t Have You.” He had previously been nominated fifteen times in the Best Score and Best Song categories.
15. Pixar created a special trailer for Monsters Inc. to show specifically before Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone.
16. This was the last Pixar film to have blooper reel during the end-credits.
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".
- A Memphis police officer was shot dead on Saturday night while conducting a routine traffic stop, according to a statement from the Memphis Police Department.