1. Antoine de Saint Exupéry, The Little Prince
The most important things in life are not what you can see, but what you feel.
2. J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Never doubt yourself, it will only hold you back.
3. Roald Dahl, The Twits
Always keep a positive mindset, it will improve your outlook on the world.
4. Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
Only you can determine the path you choose.
5. Judith Viorst, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
Some days really are just shitty, don’t let them bring you down.
6. Madeleine L’Engle, A Wrinkle in Time
Sometimes being over analytical is a good thing, most of the time it isn’t.
7. J. R. R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
Materialism does not bring us happiness.
8. Louisa May Alcott, Little Women
Don’t be afraid of life’s challenges.
9. Kevin Henkes, Lily’s Purple Plastic Purse
Always remember there are brighter days ahead.
10. Louise Fitzhugh, Harriet the Spy
Always be honest with yourself.
11. A. A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
Everyone needs a good affirmation once in awhile.
12. Andrea Beaty, Iggy Peck Architect
Never be afraid to dream.
13. Lewis Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland
Truth: We are constantly evolving people. Embrace the fact that your views on things will change.
14. Arthur Ransome, Swallows and Amazons
When an opportunity knocks, don’t be afraid to take it.
15. Aesop, The Lion and the Mouse
Kindness goes a long way, you can really change someone’s day by being nice to them.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- Record-breaking freediver, Natalia Molchanova, is feared dead. She disappeared while diving off the coast of Spain on Sunday.