1. The Hello Nasty-era Beastie Boys ruled.
For the record, they ALWAYS ruled.
2. Lauryn Hill ruled the world — or at least our CD walkman.
3. Jennifer Aniston talked about being Brad Pitt’s girlfriend.
*Sigh* I guess she’s always had to talk about her love life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4. The most late ’90s thing ever made the cover: frosted tips!
Oh, Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath made the cover, too.
5. Britney Spears shocked everyone by posing in this iconic Lolita-esque shoot.
Even that Teletubby was shocked.
6. We were introduced to chka-chka Slim Shady.
7. The Backstreet Boys were “the new teen spirit.”
And Kurt Cobain rolled over in his grave.
8. Angelina Jolie wasn’t just hot, she was also a “devil doll” — whatever that means.
11. Ricky Martin got wet while talking about sex, love, marriage, and yoga.
13. Brad Pitt proved he could look sexy even while dressed like a late 1960s housewife.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.
- Red Bull apologized for posting a video of people in blackface chasing a banana.
- An Ohio man is suspected of fatally shooting his neighbor in the face before running her over with a lawn mower.