1. The Hello Nasty-era Beastie Boys ruled.
For the record, they ALWAYS ruled.
2. Lauryn Hill ruled the world — or at least our CD walkman.
3. Jennifer Aniston talked about being Brad Pitt’s girlfriend.
*Sigh* I guess she’s always had to talk about her love life. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4. The most late ’90s thing ever made the cover: frosted tips!
Oh, Sugar Ray’s Mark McGrath made the cover, too.
5. Britney Spears shocked everyone by posing in this iconic Lolita-esque shoot.
Even that Teletubby was shocked.
6. We were introduced to chka-chka Slim Shady.
7. The Backstreet Boys were “the new teen spirit.”
And Kurt Cobain rolled over in his grave.