1. Howard “Yeah!” Dean entered the new year as the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee.
His media gaffe — known as the “Dean Scream” — at the Iowa caucus in late January derailed his presidential campaign.
2. “Shy girl” Beyoncé slowly began conquering the world. And also, somehow, people still liked Jay Leno.
3. President Bush declared war on gay marriage. While Andre 3000 declared war on WASP fashion.
4. After surviving Bennifer, Ben Affleck, apparently, joined a biker gang.
5. We found out about Quentin Tarantino’s obsession with Uma Thurman. SPOILER ALERT: It’s her feet.
8. Lindsay Lohan and the secret Abu Ghraib files both made the annual “Hot Issue.” But which was hotter?!
9. Tom Cruise was searching for the perfect woman.
Oh, Tom, will you ever find true love?
11. Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry couldn’t even muster a smize for his cover.
- Budapest's main train station has opened its doors after a two-day stand-off, during which hundreds of people without a valid European Union visa weren't allowed on trains. ›
- Guatemalan President Otto Pérez Molina has resigned amid a lengthy corruption scandal that has brought his government to the brink. ›
- China will cut its military personnel by 300,000, shrinking the forces to 2 million people. President Xi Jinping called it a gesture of peace. ›