Backstory: In the summer of 1995, author Julie Halpern was a production intern on The Adventures of Pete and Pete. Below are some of the photos she took from her time interning show.
1. Julie posing in your standard ’90s teens photo, with Big Pete (aka Mike Maronna).
2. Of course a photo with Little Pete (aka Danny Tamberelli).
3. The bus driver from hell, Stu Benedict (aka Damian Young).
“Passengers will refrain from killing my soul!”
4. Patty Hearst as Mrs. Kretchmar, from the “35 Hours” episode.
5. Julie raiding the wardrobe closet of Artie, the strongest man, and going straight for his iconic shirt (obviously).
6. Posing with the show’s co-creator Will McRobb (and also every torch lamp sold in the ’90s).
7. It’s the Petes’ dad (Hardy Rawls).
8. Clearly, Danny was one of the funnest people to hang with.
9. Julie with Iggy Pop! (And likely also a ghost.)
10. Danny wearing one of the most ’90s T-Shirt ever. Also a small glimpse of Petunia.
11. Michelle Trachtenberg (aka Nona) shows off her “itchy” prop cast.
12. A sweet photo of Danny and Julie.
Check out more behind-the-scenes photos on Julie’s website.
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- After mounting pressure from other European countries, Britain will accept thousands more refugees from UN camps bordering Syria. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›