1. Both presidents were elected to the House of Representatives in ‘46:
Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.
John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.
2. The number 7:
Lincoln and Kennedy’s name each contain seven letters in their name.
3. Both presidents were elected to the presidency in ‘60 and inaugurated in ‘61:
Lincoln won the election in 1860 and his inauguration was held on March 4, 1861.
Kennedy won the election in 1960 and his inauguration was held on January 20, 1961.
4. Both defeated an incumbent vice president for the presidency:
Lincoln defeated Vice President John C. Breckenridge.
Kennedy defeated Vice President Richard Nixon.
6. Both Johnsons’ were born in ‘08:
Andrew Johnson was born on December 29, 1808.
Lyndon Johnson was born on August 27, 1908 (LBJ as a baby pictured below).
8. Both presidents were shot on a Friday.
9. The Ford connection:
Lincoln was shot in Ford’s Theatre.
Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln, made by Ford.
Bonus: one rumor, debunked
Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy and Kennedy had secretary named Lincoln.
While Kennedy did have a secretary with the last name Lincoln (Evelyn Lincoln pictured below). There are no records to show that Lincoln had a secretary named Kennedy; Lincoln’s secretaries were John Hay and John G. Nicolay.