1. First Lady Mamie Eisenhower sets a festive mood for a Halloween luncheon in the State Room (1956).
2. First Lady Jackie Kennedy goes incognito in as a garbage bag ghost (?) costume (1962).
3. President Nixon’s daughter, Tricia Nixon, holds a Halloween party for underprivileged children (1969).
And no, that is not Spiro Agnew dressed as a vampire.
4. The front of the White House decorated for Halloween with a giant jack-o’-lantern over the door (1973).
5. First Lady Betty Ford getting into the spirit by decorating President Ford’s study (1974).
6. President Carter and First lady Rosalynn Carter watch over a pumpkin carving — as a giant pumpkin watches on in horror — during daughter Amy’s 10th birthday party (1977).
7. President Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan standing next to a pumpkin with “stay the course” carved into it – I guess that pumpkin was against any changes to Reagan’s economic policies (1982).
8. President George H. W. Bush and First Lady Barbara Bush welcome 500 children to their to their 1989 Halloween lawn party.
9. President Clinton and First Lady Hillary Clinton dressed as James and Dolley Madison at their 1993 Halloween party held in the East Room.
10. The Clinton’s at their 1995 Halloween party, both dressed as country singers.
And please, no Tammy Wynette jokes.
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who arrived on scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave, and their body camera footage has been released.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- Atlanta police are searching for two white men who were caught on security cameras placing Confederate flags at a historic church.