1. She is in one of Hollywood’s longest lasting celebrity marriages. Phoebe has been married to Kevin Kline since 1989.
2. Used to be a teenage model.
3. Did this on camera in the film Fast Times at Ridgemont High.
5. She sang “Paradise” the title song to her The Blue Lagoon knockoff film.
6. Her monologue in Gremlins taught young kids in the ‘80s that there was indeed NO Santa Claus. Somebody had to deliver the tragic news and who better than Phoebe.
“The worst thing that ever happened to me was on Christmas. Oh, God. It was so horrible. It was Christmas Eve. I was 9 years old. Me and Mom were decorating the tree, waiting for Dad to come home from work. A couple of hours went by. Dad wasn’t home. So Mom called the office. No answer. Christmas Day came and went and still nothing. So the police began a search. Four or five days went by. Neither one of us could eat or sleep. Everything was falling apart. It was snowing outside. The house was freezing, so I went to try to light up the fire. And that’s when I noticed the smell. The firemen came and broke through the chimney top. And me and Mom were expecting them to pull out a dead cat or a bird. And instead they pulled out my father. He was dressed in a Santa Claus suit. He’d been climbing down the chimney on Christmas Eve, his arms loaded with presents. He was gonna surprise us. He slipped and broke his neck. He died instantly. And that’s how I found out there was no Santa Claus.”