1. Saying “y’all.”
Because what does “you guys” even mean?
2. Drinking sweet tea with every meal.
Sorry, we don’t drink “pop” in the south.
3. Monogramming everything.
It’s important to take pride in the family name, obviously.
4. Embracing butter as a way of life.
No, but seriously, of course we do.
5. Loving a good glamour shot…
These need to be taken every year and require big hair.
6. Wearing boat shoes year-round.
And only Sperrys.
7. Forming an obsession with Lilly Pulitzer.
If life were a pattern, it’d be floral.
8. Dressing like this…
Bow ties are non-negotiable.
9. …when we go to see this.
Horse races are also non-negotiable.
10. Not leaving the house without pearls.
Pearls are everything diamonds aren’t.