1. You know these guys are cute.
Aptly named the TASMANIAN Devil.
2. You know that there’s a lot of beautiful walking tracks/national parks.
3. But you’ve only walked 3 of them.
5. And you’re in bed most of the time because it’s FREEZING.
6. All the shops seem to close early.
7. And you know about Lake St. Claire - Australia’s deepest lake!
8. The public transport can be a bit shit sometimes…
10. You’ve watched (or been a part of) our annual Zombie Walk!
11. And even though all these guys are (allegedly) extinct…
12. They’re still immortalised on Tassie’s local brew!
Even though it’s harder to get your hands on the old bottles now.
13. Unless you’re from Launceston. Then this is your local:
14. Not to mention the fact that the Cascade Brewery is the OLDEST IN THE COUNTRY.
15. There’s nothing quite like some Tassie smoked salmon.
16. And if you want culture you know where to get it!
The Museum of Old and New Art (MONA) opened two years ago and it’s already the BEST DAMN GALLERY IN AUSTRALIA.
17. THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN:
18. Although this installation was never going to work out…
19. You know there’s a reason the Sydney to Hobart ends in Tassie.
It’s more of an escape to a beautiful paradise.
20. You know that Tasmania is the best AT PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING.
21. And you’ve seen a pademelon.
Which are SO much better than quokkas.
- Robert L. Dear was identified as the suspected gunman in a fatal shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. Here's what you need to know. ›
- Speaking of climate change, can you pass this basic quiz about it? ›