1. ‘The Simpsons against the Liberal Party’ is a Facebook group that has grown rapidly over the last week.
2. Probably because of the bizarre amount of similarities between the Australian Government and The Simpsons.
4. And Tony Abbott seems to be portrayed as a Homer of sorts…
5. Don’t forget Christopher Pyne!
***Not out of touch***
6. Like, sometimes it’s just too good to be true.
7. The Facebook page takes user submissions, with many getting involved:
8. And it helps us all realise how much parliament seems like one big schoolyard.
9. And how sometimes real life is crazier than TV.
10. But most of all it reminds us that we’re Doing It For Her.
Brad Esposito is a news reporter for BuzzFeed and is based in Sydney, Australia.
In The News Today
- At least 30 people were killed in twin bomb blasts during a peace rally near the main train station in Turkey's capital. ›
- President Obama visited Oregon to meet with victims' families after last week's deadly campus shooting. Gun-rights activists protested his visit. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS. ›