1. Back in March Newcastle Knight’s player Alex Mckinnon was involved in a horrific tackle which saw him suffer fractures to both his C4 and C5 vertebrae.
His spinal cord wasn’t severed but doctors predicted he may never walk again.
2. This past weekend, the NRL came together for the #RiseForAlex round, an initiative to raise funds for Mckinnon’s ongoing medical and change of lifestyle bills.
3. Players from each team wore #RiseForAlex wristbands sold for $2 at each ground, with $1 from every ticket sale over the weekend also going towards the fund.
4. Many Aussie sporting greats also shared their support for the inspirational Mckinnon:
8. Mckinnon was at the front of his team’s lineup on Sunday, as he made what was an emotional return to the Knight’s home ground.
9. The NRL community have so far raised more than $1 Million for the RiseForAlex fund.
10. The touching initiative still has one more night of fundraising, with tonight’s game seeing Alex’s old club St. George Illawarra take on the Manly Sea Eagles.
- Mullah Omar — leader of the Taliban — has died, according to multiple reports. The Taliban has not responded to the reports.
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken. The release aims to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- Michel Platini, the current UEFA president, will be a candidate in the 2016 FIFA election to replace Sepp Blatter ⚽️