2. But not much is known about these mysterious beasts.
3. Did you know they were the first animal in space?
4. And that they were a BIG influence in the toppling of the Berlin wall?
5. In fact, if you look through history Quokkas are often involved.
6. Here’s one spotted on the grassy knoll.
7. And here’s one spotted at the site of the Ukraine’s Chernobyl disaster of 1986.
8. Famous artists have also been known to worship the quokka.
9. And rightfully so.
10. Because quokkas are fucking awesome.
11. And the closer you look…
12. …the more you see.
13. It is thought that quokkas date back to the Stone Age some 2.5 MILLION YEARS AGO.
14. From the neanderthals:
15. To the Egyptian hieroglyphics:
Here, two pharaoh exchange a quokka. The Ancient Egyptians worshipped the quokka and believed it to hold supernatural powers like immortality, super strength and magnificent linguistic skills.
16. More recently, quokkas have appeared at global events. Like Barack Obama’s inauguration:
17. And when Colorado made marijuana legal a quokka was one of the first in line.
18. They’ve also been ever present throughout musical history, like when The Beatles first came to America.
19. And when Jimi Hendrix played his famous Woodstock show:
20. Don’t forget The Titanic.
21. THEY. WERE. THERE.
- Prosecutors will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, accused of killing 9 people in a Charleston church in June. ›
- Kentucky clerk Kim Davis has been taken into federal custody until she orders her staff to issue marriage licenses. ›
- Donald Trump has pledged to support the eventual Republican presidential nominee in 2016 and not mount a 3rd-party run. ›