1. It was just a regular boring old day in parliament when Christopher Pyne began comparing Opposition Leader Bill Shorten to a contestant in a reality TV show.
2. 20 seconds later, after it all hushed down, Pyne delivered this beauty.
3. And Twitter responded…
7. Pyne was not told to leave Parliament, with Speaker of the House Bronwyn Bishop instead asking him to keep the titles accurate.
10. Pyne’s camp has since come out and said the minister said “grub.” You be the judge…
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️