1. In late January Julia Gillard declared the election for September. She was excited.
You poor woman.
2. But then in February, The Greens were upset!
They “ended their relationship with Labor.”
3. In March, Simon Crean got all up in Julia’s face about bringing on a leadership spill.
4. Everyone expected Kevin Rudd to challenge her.
5. But he was like:
6. So no one challenged her and Simon Crean was not impressed.
7. Everything sort of settled for a bit.
8. In June, Simon Crean smelt blood.
9. This time, Kevin was ready.
He beat Gillard in the Leadership Spill 57 votes to 45.
10. Kevin was the new Julia.
And the new Prime Minister.
11. Simon Crean was finally happy?
12. Kevin didn’t have much time to settle because Tony Abbott was forming a powerful army to take him down.
13. On the same day Kevin Rudd was sworn in, Simon Crean announced his retirement at the coming election.
His mission was accomplished. It was time to move on.
14. Also, the Wikileaks Party was formed.
Which promised more than it delivered.
15. Then the Leaders’ Debates took place.
16. Tony Abbott rallied back from a poor start in the first debate to impose himself over K-Rudd.
17. Which left Kevin crushed…
Like dis if u cry evry time.
18. September rolls round as does the election. Kevin braced his throne.
19. But Tony Abbott surged ahead and, as predicted, won the election.
20. The jury is still out on WHAT effect the Abbott is going to have on Australia.
But we already know it ain’t the easiest job in the world.
21. So far he’s “re-designed” the cabinet.
22. And gotten rid of some of the lesser ministers.
When Tony arrived, he got rid of the more trivial ministers at his disposal such as the Minister for ‘Science,’ and Minister for the ‘Status of Women.’ Common sense, really.
25. Who you might know from this:
Clive Palmer is the billionaire behind “Titanic 2.” Because failing is for the weak. Also this looks like a fantastic Wes Anderson film.
26. Oh and this guy got a seat too.
Ricky Muir is a representative for the Australian Motoring Enthusiasts Party. Here’s a video of him throwing poo at someone.
27. And in November Australia got caught spying on Indonesia.
Tony won’t apologize.
28. Australia also said farewell to the Climate Commission.
Poor Polar Bear.
30. And a bill that allowed same-sex marriage passed in the ACT.
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- World leaders will meet in Paris starting Monday to discuss a potential global climate change agreement. ›
- "Victor Frankenstein" joined the ranks of 2015 films that opened in more than 2,000 North American theaters, but earned less than $4 million on opening weekend. ›