1. Wolf Creek is the only film the late film critic Roger Ebert ever walked out on.
He said it was “worse than Showgirls.”:
2. Just like in the movie, there is a real crater in Western Australia but it’s spelled “Wolfe Creek.”
3. The party scene originally lasted more than 40 minutes.
Would’ve been a longer movie, that’s for sure.
4. As a child actor, Cassandra Magrath had roles in popular Australian shows Ocean Girl and SeaChange.
5. The principle photography was entirely handheld.
6. The ENTIRE film was shot in 25 days.
7. And was shot entirely chronologically.
8. The beach scenes early in the film were shot in winter. Cassandra Magrath recalls not being able to remember her own name upon leaving the water because she was so cold.
9. Nathan Phillips, who plays backpacker Ben Mitchell in the movie, got his start in acting by playing a character named Teabag on Neighbours.
10. The abandoned mine in the film was the site of an actual murder.
Locals thought the film was actually going to be about that incident, and protested until they found out the truth.
11. Before shooting, there had been no rainfall in the area for 10 years.
12. And Cassandra Magrath said that John Jarratt’s sinister laugh gave her nightmares.
The sequel, Wolf Creek 2 is out next week!
- U.S. President Barack Obama said the United Nations climate summit in Paris could be a "turning point" in saving the planet 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›