1. Ghassan Hitto has been elected the prime minister of the Syrian resistance coalition. His goal: Topple the oppressive regime of president Bashir Assad.
Osman Orsal / Reuters
2. Until recently, Hitto was an IT executive in the Dallas area. He’s also, according to the Times of London, a big Cowboys fan.
3. A big-time Cowboys fan who’s not afraid to make a principled stand against ruthless egomaniacs? This dude below is NERVOUS.
4. Are we comparing Jerry Jones’ arrogant incompetence to the behavior of a murderous dictator?
5. A little bit, sure.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️