1. Ghassan Hitto has been elected the prime minister of the Syrian resistance coalition. His goal: Topple the oppressive regime of president Bashir Assad.
Osman Orsal / Reuters
2. Until recently, Hitto was an IT executive in the Dallas area. He’s also, according to the Times of London, a big Cowboys fan.
3. A big-time Cowboys fan who’s not afraid to make a principled stand against ruthless egomaniacs? This dude below is NERVOUS.
4. Are we comparing Jerry Jones’ arrogant incompetence to the behavior of a murderous dictator?
5. A little bit, sure.
In The News Today
- One person died and three more were injured during a shooting on a university campus in Arizona early this morning. ›
- The U.S. ended its $500 million program that trains and equips Syrian rebels in their fight against ISIS, U.S. Defense Department officials announced. ›
- The National Dialogue Quartet in Tunisia won the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize for its role in building a democracy there. ›