1. Ghassan Hitto has been elected the prime minister of the Syrian resistance coalition. His goal: Topple the oppressive regime of president Bashir Assad.
Osman Orsal / Reuters
2. Until recently, Hitto was an IT executive in the Dallas area. He’s also, according to the Times of London, a big Cowboys fan.
3. A big-time Cowboys fan who’s not afraid to make a principled stand against ruthless egomaniacs? This dude below is NERVOUS.
4. Are we comparing Jerry Jones’ arrogant incompetence to the behavior of a murderous dictator?
5. A little bit, sure.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.