1. High school reunions
Who’s “most likely to succeed” now?
2. TV shows about their future profession
Who else can point out how relatable yet inaccurate they are?
3. Ironic kickball leagues
A chance to be competitive without being hated for it.
4. Undergrad parties
Finally, a chance to say “corporate law” when asked “what’s you major?”
Temporary furniture for a temporary lifestyle.
6. Trivia Nights
The opportunity to get drunk, show off esoteric knowledge, and come up with a clever team name is too hard to resist.
8. Novelty hats and t-shirts
Because if grad students aren’t buying this stuff, who is?
9. Free food
Sometimes all it takes to get a grad student to show up somewhere.
10. Job fairs
The light at the end of the tunnel is suddenly less dim.
11. Student loans
It’s easier to hemorrhage money when the money isn’t yours.
You’re probably doing it right now.
15. Hating gunners
They ruin everything!
Because making law review clearly isn’t going to happen.
17. Movies about their future profession
With corresponding Facebook status updates (e.g. “Oh, The Paper Chase is on — there goes my Saturday!”).
18. Studying in peace and quiet
And don’t even think about touching a grad student’s clearly-reserved library cubicle.
19. Student discounts
That 10% off at J.Crew really adds up.
20. Easy research projects
Gotta pad that C.V.
21. Sleeping In
As long as you’re paying for a note-taking service, you might as well get your money’s worth.
It’s grad school, not cooking school.
Seriously, how long does it take to write a dissertation?
25. Asking parents for money
Tell them you’re an investment.
- World leaders are gathering in Paris for the United Nations summit on climate change 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›