1. Sure, it’s the desert, but there’s a whole bunch of tubing to be done in the Salt River.
2. With all these cacti lying around, might as well make ‘em into candy.
3. More bike shops than Starbucks shops means motorcycle culture is Phoenix culture.
4. The haboob: silly name, terrifying weather event.
5. Oh, your city has a pigeon problem? Yeah, Phoenix has something similar — coyotes.
6. Anytime Eegee’s wants to set up shop again, they’re more than welcome to.
7. Tourists run Scottsdale Fashion Square, but that leaves the rest of Phoenix to discover.
8. From IMAX screenings to Adults’ Night Out, the Arizona Science Center simply cannot be beat.
9. Whenever there’s “breaking news” about an excessive heat warning remaining in effect:
Walt Disney Pictures / Mandeville Films / Avnet/Kerner Productions / forgifs.com
10. The utter necessity of air-conditioned baseball.
Mark Skalny / shutterstock