Did you have a rough Valentine’s Day weekend? Are you eating a tub of ice cream half filled with tears of the past? Is it 11:30? Turn off The Notebook, turn on NBC, and watch your boy Jimmy Fallon take over The Tonight Show. If that’s not enough, soon enough, Seth Meyers will be premiering on Late Night. What more could you want? So this February, if Valentine’s Day sucks, you have February 17 to make it all better!
2. This is the first time in 42 years that The Tonight Show will return to NYC
Bonus: BOTH shows will be in NYC. Just a couple floors apart
7. The time is now to have a fresh young host who isn’t afraid to be silly
10. Don’t fret, Jimmy also knows how to be serious when necessary
C’mon, he’s running The Tonight Show here.
12. If you’re lucky… you might catch those glimpses of his sensitive side too
psst..I bet he goes all out for Valentine’s Day…
13. He may have some big shoes to fill, but I think Johnny would be proud of the successor to his original studio
14. With Jimmy’s impersonations and singing bits, how could this not be a success?
You mean I don’t have to watch Jimmy singing on youtube the next morning at work anymore??
15. And unlike hosts in the past… Seth and Jimmy are friends, so they’ll bring out the best in one another
16. Both shows are produced by the one and only Lorne Michaels
Bow down to greatness (exec producer of SNL…)
17. Seth will make Late Night his own though… rumor has it—he might not even have a band
such a risk takerrrr
Update: Fred Armison will be leading Seth’s Late Night band!! If that’s not the best idea they’ve ever had…IDK what is
18. Seth is so mysterious. We barely know him. Who knows what he will do!
19. Don’t worry about Jimmy, he’s keeping the Roots around
Nothin’ wrong with more Questlove in yo lifee
21. Expect to see A LOT more of this guy
Fact: There is no such thing as too much JT
23. Thank You Notes will now be on at the same time as Friday night pregaming
Dear Jimmy, Thank you for taking over The Tonight Show. Now I can laugh my face off at 11:30 while I get shitfaced.
25. Not to mention…you’ll have something to look forward to once the Olympics are over!
Fact #2: The Olympics cause one to forget that anything else exists on television for 3 weeks